The adoption of joint commissioning arrangements between the Council, the Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS England for primary care services will contribute to the local strategic aim of creating a stronger community through the pooling and co-ordinated deployment of resources aligned against a common vision for this sector.
The expected aims to be achieved through a joint approach include:
- achieve greater integration of health and care services
- community health services, mental health services and social care to provide more joined-up services and improve outcomes;
- raise standards of quality
- enhance patient and public involvement in developing services
- tackle health inequalities, in particular by improving quality of primary care on more deprived areas and for groups such as people with mental health problems or learning disabilities.